Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Cleaned My Washing Machine

I'm going to be honest. I'm not very domestic. In fact, living alone has been an adventure in domestication for me. I've learned a lot of tricks that I didn't know before. There's one very important thing I've learned: Distilled White Vinegar is the best invention ever. I've used it to clean the interior of my car window (streak free and prevents that film that you get after a while with normal cleaners) and today I used it to clean my washing machine.

Yeah... apparently you're supposed to clean those every once in a while which is why my clothes haven't been smelling quite right lately. So I found this amazing link on how to clean your washing machine. Here's what you need: a washing machine, and 2 cups of distilled white vinegar. I also learned in this process that the washing machine has a filter. Yeah... So you're going to have to take that apart. Here's the shortcut: take it apart and let the filter soak in the hot water and vinegar so you cut out the middle man of doing the two seperately. I scrubbed everything while there was still water in it instead of after and put the filter back together before I let it finish running.

Here are the links: Part 1 and Part 2 I skipped the bleach portion in part one because I didn't have any.

P.S. My washing machine looks exactly like hers. Except my bleach thingy doesn't have a tube attached to it.

No comments: