Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lunch on the Go

Ross is a magical place. You never know what you’re going to find when you step back into the early 90s that is every interior of Ross (even the new ones). I’ve been looking for a Bento box or something similar to bring lunches with me when I’m out and about rather than packing a million of those crappy throw away plastic bags. I found the three items pictured above all manufactured by “fit & fresh” at the wonderland known as Ross. I realize the reason I got them cheap is because it looks like these are older versions according to the website (linked through the picture). Anyway, I only bought the salad and lunch box containers as I pretty much just drink water when I’m out and about and have no need for a bottle with a powder container. I’m using the lunch box today and it is fantastic! My only recommendation is that you put a layer of saran wrap in between the ice pack and your sandwich to avoid the ice pack sweating on your bread. I’m very happy with the $7 I spent on it. I’m hoping the salad container (which I also got for $7) works just as well when I get the chance to use it. 

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I have that salad container!! A) It is a bitch to clean, even in the dishwasher, and B) The little fork contraption on top only works with those utensils... so you either have to pack your own separately, or NEVER LOSE THOSE TINY ONES. Which I of course lost immediately.

That said, it is the perfect size for a perfect salad, and I used it all the time when I was proactive about bringing my lunch around...