Monday, October 24, 2011

Lazy Dinner

I wasn't feeling too peppy the other night so I didn't want to put effort into making dinner. I was already over my protein for the day and I needed to have some carbs. I had a loaf of french bread so I measured out about 4 ounces, sliced it in half and topped it with spaghetti sauce I also had on hand, shredded pizza blend cheese (mozzarella and cheddar), and the "perfect pinch" italian seasoning. I popped it in the oven at 425 until the cheese reached a desired level of melty. The best part of this is the possibilities. You can top it with any cheese, and add any meat. The loaf of french bread is $1 at Wal-Mart. This loaf was from Raley's and I think it was around $3. This is still cheaper than buying pizza crust. This is a good cheap meal you can stretch to feed a lot of people, and it's also something easy to customize. If you have kids each one can top it how they like it. It would also be a nice appetizer at a party. Even though it's simple, it was really tasty.

No comments: