Tuesday, June 11, 2013

(length) hair don't care!

I'm a back and forther. Yes, it's true, I can't decide if I like long hair or short, and while I regret neither, I don't know which I like better.

When I was a kid my mom let my hair grow, but then I found a pair of scissors and straight to 1inch long hair I went! My blonde locks had been shorn and thus begun the cycle. I will grow my hair long--past the bra long--and then cut it short, up to a 1/2 inch in the back of the a-line. 

With my nuptials pending I knew that I wanted my hair long, really long.
Seriously, it was longer in the back
And while it looked amazing my hair is naturally wavy/curly and the side effect from long hair is your natural curl gets weighted down. So I started styling it, a lot, and damaging it a lot. Another side effect of curly hair being that it dried out easily.

Don't get me wrong, long hair is amazing. But, I'm really great at being lazy and just throwing my hair up when it's long. I endeavored in a month and a half challenge before my wedding to not wear a ponytail holder, and I still figured out very creative ways to wear my hair up. 

Love!
Between the damage, the laziness and the amount of time it takes to dry long hair I was  determined that I was going to cut my hair off after the wedding. 

Which I did, about 3 days after the wedding and one day before we left for our honeymoon. The first cut was bad. Real bad. Like, one side was an inch longer and it was a bob not an a-line bad. BUT! That's what you get with a last minute groupon deal, and I was able to get it corrected and fabulous. I LOVED my new hair cut... yeah, there's a past tense there. My husband asked that I leave my hair at least long enough that I can put it in a ponytail... and I'd normally have a much shorter cut in the back of my a-line. As result I haven't been able to to style it too well and the hair likes to flip every which way. It looked amazing until it started to grow, and that little bit of growth threw it off. While normally I would just do what I want and not listen to my man's desire for a ponytail, I actually need to put my hair up for work sometimes so keeping the option around was important to me as well. 

So, now what do I do? I'm not really sure... and quite frankly this is a really long post about hair. I think I may grow it out and live in a middle ground somewhere. I haven't ever stuck with a medium length, it was usually a pitstop on my way to long.

What do you prefer for yourself? Long or short hair? Anyone rocking the medium locks?

1 comment:

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

Your hair always looks so cute - we need a little variety! I love my long hair but it gives me headaches if I put it in a ponytail :-( Pros and Cons to every 'do!